Things to Do in Victoria When it’s Raining Outside
If you’re in Victoria in the summer, there’s very little chance of it raining outside. In fact, in June, July and August we receive an average of just 6mm of rain in total!
Things are a little different in November, December and January though, that’s when we get the bulk of our precipitation.
If you ask a local what kind of things you can do in Victoria when it is raining outside, they’ll tell you “anything!”.
Weather doesn’t stop a lot of people from doing what they want. Almost everybody in this part of the country owns a good waterproof jacket and out they go!
If you are in the market for a waterproof jacket yourself, we’ve got two fantastic local shops that will help you out – Robinson’ Outdoor Store on Broad Street and Capital Iron on Store Street.
But if being outside in the rain isn’t your thing, and you still want to experience Victoria, we’ve got some ideas for you:
Gorge Waterway tour on board one of Victoria's electric harbour ferries.
Awesome activities even when it's raining outside
- Enjoy an informative, free 45-minute tour of the BC Parliament Buildings. As a special treat, experience breakfast or lunch in the Legislative Dining Room (the hours of operation change based on the schedule of the Legislative Assembly).
- Browse one of the best museums in Canada – the Royal British Columbia Museum
- Step back in time with a tour of Craigdarroch Castle
- Enjoy the magic of exotic butterflies at the Butterfly Gardens
- Hire a driver and enjoy a fully narrated, scenic coastal tour
- See the best of little tiny things at Miniature World
- Learn the secrets of west coast cuisine at a cooking class
- Find the perfect reading materials at Munro Books, located in a magnificent heritage building on Government Street. Discover why National Geographic recognized Munro's as the third best bookstore in the world!
- Get your mind racing and heart beating at an escape room
- Enjoy one of the newest crazes with axe throwing at Axe & Grind
- Take in the movies. In fact, after you visit the Royal BC Museum, head next door to the IMAX. Entrance fee is reduced if you purchase both tickets at the same time.
- Visit some of our incredible churches – Christ Church Cathedral on Burdett Ave and St. Andrews on View Street are two breathtaking options
- Get creeped out at The Bug Zoo
- Take a scenic tour down the Gorge Waterway on a covered, electric boat
- Visit historic Emily Carr House
- Enjoy the best of local libations on a brewery or cidery tour
- Take in a live performance at the Belfry Theatre, Royal Theatre or McPherson Playhouse
- For the ultimate dinosaur lover, book a private tour of the fossil gallery at Dino Lab
Of course, you don’t have to wait for a rain day to enjoy any of these entertaining activities. We hope you enjoy your stay in Victoria whether it is raining outside or not!
You may also like:
Things to Do
Jan 18, 21 07:58 PM
The mighty Pacific Ocean is ready to rejuvenate your soul at Willows Beach in Victoria British Columbia
Nov 30, 20 07:12 PM
Made in Victoria is an online directory of products made by local artisans, crafters and makers. We focus on businesses who make, bake or grow goods.
Nov 30, 20 07:10 PM
Helping you support local business in Greater Victoria with ideas and a directory to find local crafters, makers and producers.