Tours in Victoria BC
The options for tours in Victoria BC are as diverse as our landscape. You won’t be disappointed whether you are looking for a free self-guided tour or use a local guide with private, luxury transportation.
This article may contain an affiliate link. This means that if you follow a link in this post and make a purchase, I may make a commission, at no extra cost to you. I am not sponsored by any of the products I link to, they are just the items I personally use and would recommend. Your support helps make this site possible – thank you!
Without a doubt, the most popular tours in Victoria BC are whale watching on the wild Pacific Ocean, the incredible floral displays of Butchart Gardens and wine tasting tours in the popular Cowichan Valley and Saanich Peninsula. But there are many, many more options to choose from.
Guided Tours in Victoria BC
Learn more about your tour options and compare prices on these tours:
Find the best deals on these popular tours:
Still not sure if you should use a guide or do your own thing? Read about the pros and cons of booking guided trips and tours here.
Tours, Lessons & Rentals
Free Tours in Victoria BC
- Parliament Buildings at the Inner Harbour – If you enjoy history and beautiful architecture then you will want to take advantage of a 45-minute tour of the BC Parliament Buildings. Conclude your tour with a relaxed dining experience in the building’s lower-level Parliamentary Dining Room. The public hours vary depending on the schedule of the Legislative Assembly. Check their hours here. Lunch is not included in the free tour. This is one of my favourite tours in Victoria BC and I take all my visiting guests here.
- Gardens at Government House – located at 1401 Rockland Avenue, they are not as spectacular as Butchart Gardens however they are still magnificent and you can enjoy a leisurely stroll through 36 acres of manicured gardens and native woodlands at your own pace, at no cost from dawn till dusk.
End of summer gardens at Hatley Park
- Gardens at Hatley Park – located at 2005 Sooke Road in Colwood, the park is home to Hatley Castle and several acres of beautifully manicured gardens including the Italian Garden, the Rose Garden and Japanese Gardens. Tours of the castle are not included in the free garden tours.
Click on the links below to download the maps and guides.
- James Bay Heritage Walking Tour #1 – this route begins and ends at Government and Superior streets and includes the house where writer/artist Emily Carr lived.
- James Bay Heritage Walking Tour #2 – this tour begins and ends at Ogden Point (Breakwater District) and takes you to the Inner Harbour before heading towards the neighbourhood of James Bay and then back to the Dallas Road waterfront.
- Haunted Victoria – we have been dubbed the Most Haunted City in Canada. This self-guided tour from St. Ann’s Academy to Bastion Square will help you experience the supernatural side of Victoria.
- Law and Disorder – From the Union Club to City Hall, follow this route to discover some of the not-so-law-abiding citizens and their stories.
- Rollicking Boomtown – You would never guess that Victoria was once known for opium smuggling, gambling and prostitution. This tour takes you back to an era that was wild, and got even wilder when Gold Rush madness descended on Victoria.
- Mysterious Chinatown – From Market Square to the Gates of Harmonious Interest, this is one of the most popular walking tours in Victoria BC. Learn about secret tunnels, tea houses, gambling dens and opium parlours in Canada’s oldest Chinatown.
We would love to hear your feedback on these trips and tours in Victoria BC. Please contact us when you get home to share your story.
Jan 19, 22 03:18 PM
The Toronto Arrows, Canada's only major league rugby team will play a "home" game at Starlight Stadium in Langford on Feb 11, 2022. I hope they're ready for a raucous crowd - folks out here are avid f…
Jan 17, 22 11:39 PM
A magical destination so remote that is lterally at the end of the road. Tofino BC is for everyone who needs to recharge.
Jan 16, 22 01:17 AM
With over 40 large murals throughout the town, the charming seaside town of Chemainus BC beckons you to come explore!