Find Pet Friendly Hotels in Victoria BC
Planning a vacation for the WHOLE family? Finding pet friendly hotels in Victoria BC may be easier to find than you think. You see, we love our pets here in Victoria - we even have an annual pet festival called Pet-a-Palooza. The 2023 social event of the year for pets will be held August 12 and 13, 2023 at Bullen Park. So, if you're attending that, you're going to need to check out pet friendly hotels in Victoria BC.
Disclaimer: I receive a small commission from some of the links on this page.
What some people don't realize is that Greater Victoria is comprised of 13 municipalities that stretch from Sidney to Sooke. That's about 60 km in driving distance and a lot of hotels! So we've divided up the list to those that are located right downtown and everything else. The "everything else" includes those found in Sidney, on the Saanich Peninsula, in the Western Communities and out to Sooke.
Be sure to google map each one you are interested in so you know exactly where each hotel/motel are located. We also recommend you review the pet policies of each individual accommodation as it varies widely.
Pet Friendly Hotels in Victoria BC - Downtown
Find my personal review of many of these hotels here.
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites
- Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
- Days Inn on the Harbour
- Delta Ocean Pointe Resort
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel & Suites
- Embassy Inn Hotel
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Huntingdon Manor
- Inn at Laurel Point
- The Oswego Hotel
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa
- Quality Inn Downtown
- Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
- Spinnakers Guesthouse
- Swans Brewery, Pub & Hotel
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Pet Friendly Hotels in Victoria BC - Outside of Downtown
I have written detailed reviews many of these pet friendly hotels in Victoria BC and you will find them at the links below.
- Abbeymoore Manor - located in the Rockland neighbourhood just outside of downtown.
- Accent Inns Victoria - centrally located on Blanshard Street close to highways and shopping.
- Best Western Emerald Isle - located in the seaside town of Sidney on the Saanich Peninsula.
- Days Inn Victoria Uptown - centrally located on Gorge Road.
- Holiday Inn Express - located close to the Westshore Parks and Recreation Centre in Colwood
- Hotel Zed - centrally located on Douglas Street across from Mayfair Mall
- Howard Johnson Elk Lake - located in Saanich near the Commonwealth Pool
- Moon Water Lodge - located on the Malahat featuring views of the city, mountains and ocean
- Motel 6 - located on the Saanich Peninsula near the airport
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel - located in Oak Bay overlooking the ocean
- Quality Inn Waddling Dog - also located on the Saanich Peninsula near the airport
- Robin Hood Inn & Suites - centrally located on Gorge Road
- Sandman Hotel - centrally located on Douglas Street
- Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa - located in Sidney on the Saanich Peninsula
- Sooke Harbour House Resort Hotel - located towards the west side of the Island in the town of Sooke
- SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort - also located towards the western side of the Island in the town of Sooke
- Super 8 by Wyndham - located on the Saanich Peninsula near the airport
- Travelodge by Wyndham (Victoria Airport) - located on the Saanich Peninsula in the town of Sidney
- Villa Eyrie Resort - located on the Malahat with water views
- Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa - located at the top of Bear Mountain in Langford
Of course if you are travelling with a pet, you may need a few things just for your furry friend. A travel crate is a great idea because you can get your pet used to it before you travel, and fill it with their favourite toys and blankets. You'll also need feed and water bowls (check out this travel bag for all your pets needs), poop bags, pet food and medication and maybe even a pet bed. If your pet has anxiety related to travel, there are even a few products that may help calm them.
Packing for your furry friends can be as exhausting as packing for your family but I just love the little travel bag that holds the essentials. It's amazing what a couple well designed and thoughtful products can do to help relieve the stress of packing for travel.
Now that you've got your pet figured out, go ahead and book one of our pet friendly hotels in Victoria BC. Your west coast vacation awaits!
Feb 20, 24 07:40 PM
Discover all the best Victoria restaurants and pubs for everyone in your party - even the picky ones!
Feb 20, 24 07:23 PM
Come discover the oldest pub in British Columbia and the rest of the pubs in Victoria.
Feb 12, 24 03:11 PM
Your one stop travel guide to Victoria in March 2024 with tips on what to wear, foods that are in season and things to do.