Victoria Food Trucks: Get Ready for a Taste EXPLOSION!
In just a few short years, Victoria food trucks have burst on the scene and become a burgeoning business. We’ve gone from one hot dog vendor on Store Street to a dozens of options popping up all over the region in just the past 5 years or so. And there is definitely no shortage of variety!
Many of the Victoria food trucks use local produce, dairy, meats, breads and cheeses in their creations. When you support these street vendors, you are also supporting local farmers and other small businesses which helps keep our community’s economy running.
A word of caution, many of our street food vendors change places periodically to attend festivals or events and/or operate seasonally. Be sure to check out their website or Facebook page for locations and hours of operation.
Bimo Burger Stand
- Burgers, fries, poutine and shakes
- 878 Viewfield Rd, Victoria, BC V9A 4V1 (beside the Wholesale Club)
- Open year long – does not change location
Don't let the appearance stop you from giving this shack a try!
Crispy fries plus tons of gravy and authentic curd = great poutine, plus a house-made burger. Bimo food truck serves it up every day.
- Hand-pressed burgers, hand-cut fries & shakes using local, fresh ingredients
- Victoria Soda Works pop
- Located next to Taco Justice at 1580 Cook Street
- NEW: Now also a sit-down restaurant located at 747 Fort Street
- Seasonal hours for the food truck
Possibly the best burger and fries combo being served up in Victoria food trucks. They are at the same location as Taco Justice, sometimes making it difficult to decide between the two but who says you have to! Take both - these guys crush the burger scene.
- Authentic Italian street food using the freshest ingredients
- 325 Cook Street Courtyard
- Seasonal hours, check Facebook for details
Deadbeetz Food Trucks
- Burgers and Fresh Fried Vegetable Chips - vegetarian and gluten free options
- Two trucks – one behind the Royal BC Museum and the other at various locations around town
- Check the StreetFoodApp for real time location updates
Greek on the Street
- Authentic Greek gyros, vegetarian wraps, spanakopitas and more
- 325 Cook Street in the laneway beside Beagle Pub
- Check their website for hours of operation
Grilled to the Mac
- Cheesy goodness – Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Mac & Cheese
- Usually located in the Western Communities, also found at regional festivals and markets
- Check their website for their current location or get the StreetFoodApp for real time location updates
Harvest Rd. - Farm to Table Grill
- Changing menu based on what’s in season makes this Victoria food truck unique; all ingredients for the food sourced directly from nearby fields
- 2451 Island View Rd, Saanichton, (Michell’s Farm on the Saanich Peninsula)
- Seasonal hours
- Incorporating the freshest local ingredients with a changing variation of flavours, they put their own spin on classic Arancini - deep fried stuffed risotto balls
- Changing location - check their website for current location
OMG - delish!
L'Authentique Poutine and Burger
- Burgers and Poutine
- 2924 Jacklin Rd, Langford – occasionally found at festivals and events; check their Facebook page for dates and locations
- 250) 885-3044
The Love Perogy
- Perogies and Burgers
- 675 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8W 1A1 (behind Royal BC Museum)
- Gourmet breakfasts and grilled cheese sandwiches
- 2519B Rock Bay Avenue, Victoria
- Monday to Friday 6 am to 1 pm
- Uses local ingredients
This could be the best Victoria food truck for breakfast but only open weekdays. My breakfast sandwich was killer! (I was too hungry to remember to snap a photo). Located at the corner of Rock Bay Ave and Bay Street behind Columbia Fuels.
Songhees Seafood & Steam
- A modern take on Songhees cultural tradition featuring salmon and bison burgers, bannock and salads
- 1502 Admirals Road, across from Canadian Tire and beside the new cannabis store; may travel for events and catering
- Seasonal hours
- Check their social media for details
Without a doubt, my favourite food truck in Victoria. I'm in love with the Brutus! I usually get the taco but on two occasions now I thought I was hungry enough for the burrito. I was wrong! Had leftovers both times that were quickly gobbled up by my teenager! Thanks to my nephew for recommending this truck - it is fantastic!
- West coast influenced fusion tacos
- Rotating menu featuring 4 tacos each week
- Normally located at 1580 Cook Street in the Wellburn’s parking lot but does travel to events and festivals. Check Facebook for current location.
- NEW 2021: Also available at the Commissary Kitchen located at 798 Fairview Road in the Esquimalt industrial area
- Seasonal hours for the food truck
- Belgian waffle dessert shop, made from scratch; baked on the spot
- 560 Johnson St # 102, Victoria (Market Square)
Be sure to contact us if you know of food trucks that should be on this list.
You may also like:
Jul 26, 21 03:03 PM
If you're visiting Victoria in October 2021 you'll want to know what to pack, what the weather will be like and things to do in October.
Jul 26, 21 11:44 AM
If you plan to be in Victoria in September 2021, you've probably got questions like what to pack, things to do and what foods are in season. We can help.
Jul 26, 21 01:24 AM
Updated for 2021. If you're visiting Victoria in August, you've probably got questions like what to pack, what to do, what the weather is like and more. We can help!